Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Is dark burgundy or midnight blue nail polish a good alternative to the black trend?

Hi! I have a quick question about nail polish colors. I know that black is totally in, but I'm 100% against it. It looks okay on some people (i.e. the celebrities you see and you know that they are filthy rich), but whenever I see people at the mall or restaurants, etc., with black polish, I think that it looks like they're immature goths. No offense if you wear it!!! :) Anyway, I've always done my nails in light colors ... pale pink (almost white), pearlized white, etc. BUT I would like to hop on the dark trend a little bit. I'm thinking a dark burgundy or a midnight blue might be nice. I did the burgundy (because I know that red is also in right now... so it's like combining the two trends), and also because I have light olive skin, so I thought it would compliment it well. I think I saw Eva Mendez or some other loser wearing the blue, which also makes me NOT want to go with that color.





What do you think of a VERY deep burgundy/wine color? Thanks!!!!!!!Is dark burgundy or midnight blue nail polish a good alternative to the black trend?
i love the burgandy wine color. it look so demure but classic at the same time. plus you don't get that goth look. also the midnight blue sounds fun too. just try it out and see which you like. OPI has the best brands.Is dark burgundy or midnight blue nail polish a good alternative to the black trend?
wow...you are definately over thinking this a bit. it really doesnt matter, no one is going to judge you by what color you paint your nails.
I never knew their were ';in'; colors for nail polish!


Burgundy is a great color for you nails, it goes with everything, and looks very striking. Deep blue only works with some styles, but a deep purple is very versatile.
I think it is good. You are taking the trends you know and personalizing them to you style,it just proves that you don't want to copy every little thing the people say is in fashion or is a trend.
I think that is a great alternative! I sometimes wear dark colours (other than black) and swirl a bit of a light colour such as creme, ivory or silver on it using a pin to create a unique decorative pattern. Brown is a rather unusual alternative to burgundy and deep purple rocks my socks.





They do say that black nail polish is one of those items up there with bright red Gwen Stefanie/Christina Aguilera-ish lipstick that are not very 'non-celeb wearable'.
Check out the OPI line of nail polishes. They have a huge selection and you will be able to get a nice deep Burgundy/wine colour to match your skin tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment